It goes without saying that everyone is focused on optimizing their immune system right now. It’s an issue that doctors like me have been focused on for years. Most of the patients I see have dysfunctional immune systems and I have spent a lot of time making sure immune systems work appropriately.
The following are some of my recommendations for supporting your immune system. Whether from Lyme disease, other infections, mold illness, autoimmune issues, or novel viruses, I created the following protocol to support the immune system and the effects of its fight against infections and other irritants.
Here are my tips for supporting your immune system:
Keep airway and mucus membranes as healthy as possible.
- Use Silver hydrosol or colloidal silver as nasal spray, mouth spray, eye drops, if needed, three times per day and repeated after possible exposures.
Maintain global immune health for the duration of the pandemic:
- Vitamin D 10,000u per day with a meal.
- Vitamin A 10,000u per day with a meal.
- Vitamin C 1,000mg or more three times per day. There is no upper dose limit for safety; usually, it is determined by digestive tolerance. During infection, you will be able to tolerate significantly higher doses as compared to when healthy.
- Zinc 30 – 90mg per day, with meals.
- Melatonin – 30mg at bedtime.
Prevention & Resistance Measures
- Adaptogen Immune is an exceptional product that provides ample immune system support while also minimizing physical fatigue from long term stress. It is an ideal product to use for people treating chronic immune dysfunction but also provides great support for healthy individuals that are looking for extra immune help.
- Itis is a natural anti-inflammatory that not only reduces pain and inflammation but works well to calm the immune system’s cytokine storm. Since we know that many of the difficult symptoms that come with an infection are the result of the overreactive immune system, Itis is a great tool to have on hand so that it can be started immediately with the onset of symptoms. I highly recommend this for Herxheimer reactions.
- Binder Blend is a waste removal product used to decrease the accumulation of immune irritating junk in the intestines and bloodstream through detoxification organ support, bile flow support and a broad spectrum binder support. Binder Blend is formulated as a binding agent to reduce die-off, or Herxheimer reactions.